Sunday, March 12, 2006

Some thoughts from today

I just thought I'd say that I had a really nice day today. I mean, it is 6.30 and I haven't yawned once, which is fantastic!

Had a bit of a breakdown this week coz of stress. It's odd, because I didn't even think I felt stressed, but apparently things can pile on top of you without even realising! One would think I have figured that out by now... but obviously not.

As I was saying, church was good. I am coming to realise more and more that within our church alone there are just so many needs and opportunities. Like I was talking to some Moonyah guys (who by the way, absolutely ROCK!) and in light of my brother recently taking up graffiti and nikko pen/paint pen sniffing, I find their testimonies really enlightening.

Actually, to be honest, I am pretty scared about the whole situation with my bro. I was talking to Chris (YOS) just about how to encourage people to make right choices, but also understanding that they have free choice. I mean seriously, when you see your friends make bad choices, you can feel upset and just wanna scream and shake them and trying to knock sense into them, but in the end, you're not related to them and you can detach... can you or should you do that to your own family? We watched a video at church this arvo about street kids in Bris, and it scared me... not because they were a bunch of kids discussing what various paint colours do to you (apparently pink makes you see clouds, silver makes you go off your face, black makes you hallucinate... there you go, you do have control over yourself!Hehe), the reason it scared me was because I could picture my 13 year old brother there, when I am 23, being 19 years old and sleeping under the goodwill bridge. I watched that video and I felt hurt by the fact that people have to live that way... so to come home to your brother who claims to hate life, wants to drink, wag school, smoke and smell things... How can I explain that feeling? How do I lovingly lead him in a safer path? I fear that I can't!

So aside from these thoughts that have just come to mind, my day has been lovely... I haven't had to do anything and it's been relaxing. Praise God for the Sabbath... whatever day that may be!

No comments: