Monday, March 06, 2006

Being a Car - analogy by Me

In this life, I am a car. Everyday, I am driven a whole stack of km's. I'm sometimes pushed hard, take some tough corners and generally, things are pretty fast, even if they are repetitive. I never know what's going to happen.

Everyday, a little light comes up on my dashboard that says I'm running low on petrol. I need to go to the Petrol Station to re-fuel. But I usually ignore it, and keep going anyway. Then I wonder why things seem hard. I get mad when I break down on the side of the road, even though it was probably my own fault. I should have paid more attention to the signs.

Sometimes I do stop at the petrol station, but in my impatience, only allow myself to half refill. The fuel that I did stock up on, I failed to pay for.

I think most christians find it embarrassing to admit to failing to stock up regularly on their fuel. But I've actually decided it's better for me to admit it, because then I am more likely to change it. So yesterday afternoon, I spent a long time just in prayer and reading and I honestly feel so much better for it today. I also decided that my Sunday's are truly going to be a relaxing time for me... that means doing absolutely anything I want and not doing anything I don't want. I need this time so that I don't breakdown on the side of the road.

No comments: