Thursday, April 13, 2006

Lots of thoughts

Wow, I haven't blogged in ... a whole 7 days! This isn't good because it means I may fall into the habit of being a serial non-blogger... and things in my life go so fast that a lot happens in a week!!! Haha, listening to this song by Barlow Girls... they said "I looked so hot in my mini, but caught a cold" ... sorry, I just found that quite funny!

So, what has happened? Finished school on Friday, which was lovely! I very much appreciate holidays, even if they are short. Catching up on sleep is very good. Actually, I think I offended someone on the weekend... I got up late for breakfast on SAGALA weekend and person A (whom I offended) had a go at me about if I were on Guard camp, I would be setting a bad example to the girls by not getting up for flag break. I commented that I had had a minimal amount of sleep in recent days and that I'm sure Bill Booth would approve of sleeping if it meant that I would be more physically able for God... then jokingly I said "we believe that sleep is a blessing from God and should be valued as an integral part of our spiritual development and faith" ... hmm, sometimes my smart mouth gets me into trouble. I don't remember what else Person A said, but I managed to smooth it out by diverting the converation (Person A obviously was well researched on the Booths) so I asked if she had read "William and Katherine" then I went and ate my soggy toast and cold tea.

Speaking of tea... if I have another cup of tea, I may well cry. I really really want a coffee... but it's fine, in hmm, 3 days, I can have coffee, because lent will be over!!! I've already planned a coffee date with Susanne (for Sunday after church) LOL

And now that I think of self-denial, Bek and I are for 6 weeks challenging ourselves to live as simply as possible by taking away things that we say we can't live without, but really we could! So hopefully other people from church will join us, but yeah, if they don't it should still be a good experience. As part of this, we're going to read all of the gospels in that time to get a better idea of all of Jesus' teachings esp on sacrifice, social justice and simplistic lifestyle. So if anyone has an idea of other books/chapters/verses that cover these topics well (Bec, this is largely directed at you... Miss Bible Knowledge ... that's a good thing as well! LOL) then let me know! I have still to decide exactly what I will take away, but I have a fair idea. I'm thinking of going for 3 things... 1 thing for physical comfort, 1 material object, 1 pleasure (for example TV or something... although I don't watch a whole stack of TV) I've never tried anything like this, but I'm doing it because I'm feeling as though lately God has challenged me for having a superficial faith... that is, one based on my mental/physical/emotional state, one that relies on other people, one that is easily shaken, one that knows the right answers but doesn't apply them, a faith that is not a faith at all! Yeah, so that might sound like I'm being harsh on myself, but you know, we never grow if we can't be self-critical and like I said, this is God challenging me. I don't mind admitting the afore mentioned, I do mind not doing anything about it. That is complacency, and I have NEVER liked that, and NEVER will! I've been told quite a lot lately that I don't work in greys and that I tell things bluntly and like they are... at first this comment threw me off because I thought perhaps I was offending people with my abruptness... I change my mind! Too many people pretty things up... still, I should learn to be sensitive as well! LOL

Another thing... I am realising more so lately how much I really love Antony. Like I thought I did and I did, and I thought I knew heaps about him ... and I do... but just in these last few weeks, there have been all of these little things that have happened that have taught me so much more of who he is! The crazy thing is, that a lot of it is stuff that you would think we should already know about each other! I never knew that we have the same passion for Cherry Ripes! I never noticed how much taller he is than me (I mean, I knew he was heaps taller than me) but the other day, I was standing in front of the mirror at his place getting ready (it was a full length mirror) and he came up and hugged me and I saw what other people see! He is huge! I look like I could be his 12 yr old daughter or something! It was quite funny because I don't notice the size difference. I feel like we match. He's just the right size! Perfect for from-behind snuggles, perfect for getting things from the highest shelf at the shop, perfect for picking up swingy hugs (although I scream and carry on, I really do love it!) so there you go, it's amazing what we don't notice. I also learned some not so great things, but I don't mind... it's good because now I know him more, and what makes him tick. Always good to know!

And finally, if you get down this far, you deserve to know that at this stage, I am as sure as I can be that next year in September I will not be in Australia...
I have prayed my guts out over this. I've cried (mostly because of Antony and the thought of leaving him for a whole year). I've argued. Pondered. Contemplated. Had seemingly thousands of conversations about the prospect of going to Canada for a year. And this is what I have come up with... the possible benefits outweigh the possible negatives! Very simple explanation and I believe that if it truly is a God thing then I will be accepted to go to war college and the finances will be provided. And seriously, I already believe this will happen because Mummsy said the other day that she supports me going... this is pretty amazing and it is really a fantastic thing.

Mum has not objected to my involvement with the Army. However she has not welcomed many of the choices I have made in terms of my time and life committments. We have had many conflicts and I had all but given up on the hope of her accepting my choices. It has been really really frustrating and hurtful. BUT MUMMSY IS SUPPORTING CANADA. I can't explain how important this is and how cool it is! Basically, she said "well, at least you're not going to sell drugs and become a junkie... it could be worse, you could be going there to begin an o/s pot farm!" Personally, I think all this stuff with Scott mucking up has given her perspective and made her realise that really, I am quite sensible! As for Scott, things are improving. His mates got busted by the police last week for vandalising property (mostly throwing rocks) and for using offensive language to people. Thank God Scott was at home and not with them! So now they've been shaken up a bit and he is finally coming around. Certainly isn't the end of it all, but certainly a development!

Creed... the song Lullaby "hush now don't you cry, everything will be alright"

How true?

No comments: