Sunday, September 10, 2006

Random Ramblings

So life has taken some crazy swerves lately.

I gave up on people and took up on God and so far, that's going really well for me. I have had 5 good days in a row, and when i say "good days" I mean that yeah, stuff has happened that's been crap and all, but I've coped reasonably well and life has gone on nicely.

Today the sermon at church was about finding refuge in God. And so I thought how very appropriate considering I am not always too good at that, even though I definately need it, especially at a time like now.

I have 4 exams left for this term, then I have 8 weeks of school/holiday then I have more exams, but these are the last of grade 12... my last ever school exams! And that just so doesn't feel right to say. I mean I, Cassandra Ayres, am nearly finished school forever... it's just nuts. Not long ago, it felt like I would never finish school and now, I'm nearly finished school. I just can't quite fathom it yet! Anyways, no complaints there.

At first I was a bit indifferent about the idea of uni, but now I am kind of looking forward to it. Of course, once I start and receive my first assignment it will suck, but hey that's alright at least I will start with a good attitude!

So I know this blog is totally random and somewhat lame, but I am in fact procrastinating (hey give me a break, I've just done 2.5 hrs solid maths study and that is very painful). I decided the other day that sexual temptation is the worst... why? Because it lies dormant all your life until the wrong moment. I mean we all get tempted to lie, or to over-indulge in something or to do whatever so it's no big deal... but people who have a dormant sexual temptation don't really understand how hard it is, so they can think they're very good christians for not falling in that dept., however it is not until you start to fall in love with a certain somebody or taste the temptation that it begins to awaken and so then the good christian who thought they were so strong and wonderful is falling into the temptation so quickly, and the worst part about it is that they don't even notice it coz it feels right and good...

Not that I would know about that. I had a conversation about this with a friend not so long ago and they were like "nah, that doesn't happen... you're either corrupt like me and you muck around, or you're sweet and innocent like you and you don't stuff up" and then I laughed. But people won't get it until they go there and find out for themselves that even keeping things to first base can prove quite difficult.

That was totally random but thought I should share.

No comments: