Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Moving On

We're moving house in 17 days. It is so exciting coz I haven't ever moved (as in I don't remember moving). We've lived in this house for 12 years now, we moved in 2 days before I started year 1! It seems so long and there are so many memories...

The night I got my puppy Crumpet. I was 7 and it was a Christmas present, but I got her on Christmas eve coz you can't wrap up a dog and pet stores weren't open on Christmas day!

The time mum nearly blew the house up! Yeah, she poured 4 litres of water over an oil fire in the kitchen. I was 9 and thought it was hilarious. My Mum swore (mostly because it was panic that caused the bad decision), my brother who was 5 cried and Crumpet stopped barking for the first time in her life. I stood there with tears coming out laughing. Needless to say, we had a black kitchen.

We got locked out one day and I was a very agile 10 year old. Mum hoisted me up onto the garbage bin and had me climb through a window to let us in! I felt like the hero of the day!

Family sing-a-longs... Bohemian Rapsedy always got us started and then Mum and Scott would ballroom dance (or they tried anyway)

And some sad memories...

Crumpet got put down.
We found out the news that Dad died
Financial difficulties

The list of things that have happened go on and on and I am only being reminded of them now as I pack up my room. I spent 1.5 hrs today doing my room and so far I have thrown out 3 garbage bags of stuff, have 4 waiting to go to salvo's bins and have one box full of stuff (and it is only books and CD's!) I imagine the packing thing will be a painful process!

No comments: