Friday, August 18, 2006

Contradiction

My views about assignments is kind of contradicting. See, on one hand I like them because you get time, and you know what the criteria and expectation is, on the other hand, I don't like them because they still have to be done, and rather than having a scheduled time (like an exam) you have to make the effort yourself.

And then, having them due is good in the sense that you get rid of them, but then it's bad because there is the pressure to get them completed to a standard that you like.

I started this term with 4 assignments, tomorrow I hand in number 2 of these, Monday is another one, and then the 31st in the final one. But by that stage, I will have received another 3! And then we have QCS and straight after that is exam block and this exam block is important and that's a little scary.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I think the fundamental feeling about assessment is that while you can argue the pros and cons about different forms the underlying fact is that you would prefer to have no assessment whatsoever.
But keep up the excellent work and the year will be over before you know it.