Monday, August 21, 2006

And then...

I have officially concluded that days go too fast. I used to blog every day pretty much without fail, and now I still think I am blogging that frequently, but I get on and then feel surprised when it's actually been about 3 or 4 days since I wrote last. Not that it matters but yeah, it's still odd.

I just finished another assignment (yay). Now I have one more of the current lot to finish and I'm well on track for that one.

It's pretty cruel though... you think you're nearly done with the whole late nights doing assignments, studying, going to exams thing and then you put in your QTAC application... and so it all begins again.

I've decided to go to uni... why? Because I thought I wanted to go o/s, I thought God wanted that... maybe He does, but not right now. Now that I think about it all, it was more about me getting away and trying to affirm myself by doing something cool that other people weren't doing. And it was running away from the reality that now I have to start thinking about my life and my future and how I will put food on the table and live. And quite bluntly, I need to grow up before I will be any good to anyone and before I go galavanting around the world. Not so long ago, my life felt so directed and I was so sure and now I have no idea really and I keep trying to entertain my whims and escapades... but God doesn't need a self-directed soldier who is unwilling to be trained, He needs a soldier that can trust Him, take commands and be prepared to learn and to live, even through impatience.

So QTAC applications open today. I'm going to study psychology hopefully and yeah, see where that takes me... 6 years here I come. *Shudders* that's half my education all over again. *shudders again*

No comments: