Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Stories

So what's been happening? I've just got a couple of little stories that have happened recently...

1) I've been working at NewsExpress for a week now. It is fantastic having money again... it's not much because I am not getting many hours until I am trained up, but yeah, that's ok coz I am busy anyway. I like working, it gives me something to do (not that I need extra things, but it's the variety and practicality of it that I enjoy). But I laugh at myself over a little incident from last night...

Judy and Brian Kerr are married and own the store... they have 5 daughters, three work there... one of which is Louise who manages the store (although Judy is always there). Last night, Darcy and Louise were having a conversation about racing. Some of the lines used were "what do you take to thin your blood?" and "Oh, I'm not sure if I will go on Wednesday night..." and "we need more chicks there" and "so and so felt crap the next day" and "such and such will get caught" and "I wanna go faster"... Up the road from me is a guy who street races at night in his hotted up gemini (hehe, he has a gemini) so naturally I was thinking "right, I'm working with a bunch of people who are junkies that like street racing" and all of a sudden I saw Louise in some tarty little outfit hanging off a car... So I asked what they raced and they laughed and said "push-bikes" in a rather sarcastic manner. So I thought, definately cars. Then I was like "where do you race" and Darcy said "all over the place" and I said "like on the road" and he said "yeah all the time" ... oh my gosh I am thinking... so then I asked if it was at a track and basically eventually worked out that they were in fact talking about push bikes. Yes, I felt rather embarassed and we all laughed and laughed... me is a dag.

2) I'm so failing chemistry. I asked for help from the teacher and she told me to ask Antony and Antony couldn't tell me so I asked her again and she told me to go away. End of story.

3) Physio sucks.

4) I have a drama production tomorrow night. Very scary... amazing how quick time goes... I remember thinking "we have so long until our performance" and now it is tomorrow. Our play is called "Scattered Lives" and it is a collection of stories about refugees, why they left their homes and the struggles and joys they've had in getting to and settling into Australia. Overall it is a very high emotion and intense show, with a strong political and moral message... well actually, rather than give you a message, it makes you think about your views on refugees, so that is why I like it. I hate drama that is over-explained and not thought provoking because it is shallow and treats viewers like idiots... but this one isn't like that. I am playing the role of a refugee who is from Iraq and upon arrival in Australia, I am put into a detention center... it's cool because the lights are all black except for a blue light that is on me and it is in the shape of prison bars... really groovy... but yeah, interesting role to play because I leave Iraq because of religious persecution. Although I don't understand persecution like other people have, I do know how it feels to be treated poorly because of your beliefs... so it's quite easy for me to characterise. Still, I am really nervous and I dare say tomorrow I will be expending a lot of emotional energy. Wish me luck and pray for my nerves!!!

I'm going to go and have a bath now...

No comments: