Saturday, June 03, 2006

Off to work!

It's my second day of work today. I start at 2.30. So yeah. It's nice having a job coz I missed employment (and money) but on Wednesday I will have money for the first time in a very long time. I'm going to get my eyebrows waxed because they desperately, desperately need it.

Anyway, I was thinking about something... at work, people buy heaps of lotto tickets. Like they will buy $10 worth, win $8 and come back and ask for another $10, so they have lost $2, but something drives them to keep playing. Maybe because our store has a plaque because someone won $584 000 from a ticket in our store... but I think it's also just hope.

So what am I putting my hope in? A lotto ticket? It may return big and be fantastic, but it is purely luck. Or do I put my hope in God? It may not return instantly or in a big way, but it is not just luck, it is a guarantee...

But yeah, that's work for you. I like it so far... the people are nice and it's not too stressful. Good hours, good pay. I don't mind going to work today.

No comments: