Thursday, May 04, 2006

I have to wonder why in general, people ignore the wisdom and truths that others pass on... Like for example, for years people have been telling me that I need to eat more and I've always brushed it off and gone "yeah yeah, talk to the hand" ... but recently I have hit an all time low in my health. So far this year I've had a cold that has pretty much stayed since early March, I've taken about 4 school days off because I'm literally too tired to get up, I frequently sleep through classes, 12hrs is not enough and I have big black bags under my eyes. So enough is enough I said... and then formal dress shopping sparked my motivation for putting on weight. I don't care so much about that anymore, but I've been eating heaps better (although still needs improvement) and just in the last 5 days I have felt amazing. I slept 8 hrs last night and 2 weeks ago I would not have survived the day without a struggle but right now, I'm like "meh, could stay up another 5 hours easily." But I just find it amazing that people have told me for so long and I've ignored them, even though it's awesome advice... seriously, food is good for you!

But isn't it just so human to not listen to people? I mean, life is this cycle of growing up, making mistakes, learning then passing on wisdom to young kids who won't actually listen and will one day have the same revelations you did 50 years earlier!

Ah, the irony of life.

No comments: