Sunday, February 26, 2006

FUEL

So, what did I think of FUEL? That' s the first question. The second question is; who actually cares what I thought of FUEL? Well I might just answer those questions...

As far as FUEL's go, I was a little bit disappointed. The music was pretty good, but I think I get tired of the same ones over and over. I mean, it seems that when new songs come out, we sing them to death, and then they are just forgotten. But when somebody plays it again it's just like "whoa, this is SO old!!!" So maybe a variety would be good... The other thing being that we use heaps of hillsong and stuff but kinda neglect some of the other Christian artists who actually I find have much more meaningful and catchy lyrics. I know heaps of people say it, but it really is a lot about us. Is it actually right to sing a song that talks about how we wanna fight, how we're gonna be out there amongst the thick of it when we're sitting(standing) in a church? I don't know, it just tends to irk me a little. Of course, those songs have their place and I often find they stir me up a bit and they certainly make me think but nevertheless, we use them too often. But I don't want to bag out anything without following up with a compliment... I found the worship leaders (and I'm hesitant to call them that) very energetic and passionate which is always a plus. They all obviously loved being up there singing and it clearly wasn't about showing off or being about them... they were just doing there thing for Jesus. So I really like that. By the way, Nathaneal really needs a haircut... LOL

The speaker was Sarah from an AOG church at Browns Plains. She spoke about how only 4% of the millenial generation (who I'm guessing are those born in 2000, although she said it was my generation, but it's not, because I am Y but anyway...) will hold core Biblical beliefs, whereas, 35% of the baby boomer gen considered themselves Christians. Her point of course being that summed up, our world is pretty warped having had 35% Christians, imagine what it will be like with only 4%. She rattled off statistics of what kids watch on TV, talked about music and media and computer games and how they can corrupt our minds. It was the standard kinda thing and I know that sounds harsh, but it was still valid. She also told us to go home and smash our dodgey material... Overall, I think the things she said were good, but needed to be less of her and more scriptual references. From what I remember, only two pieces of scripture were used and that was "Everything is permissable, but not everything is beneficial" and the part of Psalm 139 where it talks about God knowing us from the start, knitting in womb etc etc. I wonder if the message would have been stronger if she'd allowed God to have His say more??? But, one of the positives was that God was able to speak a lot to me in terms of, so what does all of this mean in my life? How do I apply it? I have ideas, but I shall keep these to myself for the time being! I tell you what, I'm totally for an analogy right now...

My life is kind of like a stew at the moment. A lot of raw things have gone into it and for a while now, the Chef has been carefully adding and changing things to make it just right for tasting. Now it just has to sit and cook/simmer (I dunno the right word) for a while and then eventually, the finished product will come out and people will see why it's taken so long...
I am the stew and I'm not gonna say that people will find me amazing, but I know God's got it all covered.

So all in all, FUEL was pretty good, worth going to, worth spending time with God and I got stuff out of it. The other thing being that I actually left really happy. At the end I went and prayed down the front and I had about 4 people ask if I needed prayer and I said no, because I was actually laughing and smiling coz I was happy to be in God's presence. Truth is, little of the prayer was for me either, it was just nice to spend that time with God reflecting, joking and praying for the people around me. It was good good. Coolies.

No comments: