Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Car Troubles

Car troubles...

Well I am the subject of pay out this week because of a potentially costly mistake... For about a week or so I noticed that my car (Cecil) was making strange scratchy metal sounds and I couldn't work out why. So I took it to the mechanic (twice) and he drove it around but on both occasions it wouldn't make the noise, so he couldn't do anything about it. Then, mum asked me if I had been checking the oil and radiator cooler water and I said yes I had done that. HOWEVER Cevine (Sa-von) mum's fiance checked it and I had absolutely NO oil and NO water which was the reason for my noises.

It turns out that I checked it wrong. See I put the stick in (when the engine was cool) and I pulled it out, wiped it, put it back in and pulled it out again, but what I didn't know was that the little drizzle of oil down the side of the stick is not what you use to measure it. So there I was thinking that I was doing it right, and I wasn't!

I nearly killed Cecil. Oops. And then to make things worse, I was telling my story to the guy who drove us to the formal whilst we were waiting and he said "it's just as well you're pretty. You'll have to rely on your looks to get you through life."

I felt like a bimbo.

No comments: