Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Chances

I, like many other uni students, often complain about the workload, complain about not having enough time, complain about the text books and in the end leave everything until the last minute.

But I was thinking this morning about how much we take for granted. We say it all the time, how fortunate we are and yet still we forget it. For example, why do we have this culture of caring so little about the opportunity to study? I think back to how easy it was to get into uni - I really didn't put much effort in at school and I had no problems in applying. It was all so simple and it is the same for most of us. And because it was so easy, now I often forget how good I've got it, when there are people in my own sphere of existence who could not testify to my experience. So maybe rather than complain, I should be grateful and make something of this great opportunity, instead of bluffing my way through.

Oh, and I love Antony!!! He'll be 18 soon, which makes it less weird!

No comments: