Monday, December 18, 2006

And then it dawned on me...

I spoke in my last blog about needing a God nudge to work out my future, and I am proud to say that I have recieved it.

For years I have been keen to study psychology, however lately I had been feeling like it may not be the profession for me... at least not yet. I thought that I might find it too hard to cope with, considering my recent struggles with depression and also, it is a 6 year degree with not a whole lot of chance of employment at the end.

So I applied to qtac anyway thinking that at least I could change my preferences. In the meantime I searched for fulltime positions. One, I came second for, based on lack of experience and one I was about to be offered however a resignation was withdrawn and therefore I was no longer needed.

This week however, I was in some deep prayer and like "ok God, I kinda would like to know what I should do...." but He didn't say anything. I went to bed.

Next morning it hit me... and I changed my preferences to nursing at qut. I am so excited to be starting nursing next year and just amazed that it has been staring at me quite bluntly for so long! I don't think I have felt so excited about a "career move" in, well, ever.

So that's that, I am gonna be a nursey nurse.

Our new youth group leaders are great, Antony is great. I got an OP 7 which is awesome considering I took 2 months off school this year due to illness, failed to stay awake for more than 10 minutes per class, picked subjects I hated and worked 15 + hrs on average every week. Ode to life! LOL So perhaps my lifestyle will have to change for next year hehehe

BUT I was thrilled to see that I got an A for QCS! I couldn't care less about the OP score, but I feel smart for getting an A. If only I had tried in year 12 I may have been one of these smart ppls but oh well.

2 comments:

bec said...

Hey, congrats on the OP. Can't believe that you are going to be a nurse. You and my sister will have some good chats. Talk to you soon, and if it's not before, have a very wonderful Christmas.

Love you

Shannon said...

Ditto on the congrats and super awesomeness that you are gonna study nursing. Feel free to ask me any q's and if you go to QUT I may have some old textbooks around somewhere.